Dental Cleanings in Scottsdale, AZ
Improve your oral health and smile when you get your teeth professionally cleaned and polished by our trained dental hygienists at Scottsdale Dental Solutions
Schedule Your 6 Month Cleaning Today
The foundation of good oral health and a beautiful smile is regular, professional dental cleanings and a dental exam every six months. We recommend a professional dental cleaning be conducted every six months, and many dental insurance providers cover this service altogether. Semi-annual dental cleanings help keep your teeth looking great but also help guarantee long-term oral health. Regular dental cleaning help keep your breath smelling fresh and preserve your first impression of the world. If it has been some time since your last dental cleaning and you’re looking for a dental professional in Scottsdale, AZ, calls us today to schedule your first appointment.
What Happens During a Dental Cleaning?
During a routine dental cleaning, you can relax and rest assured that you are in for a pain-free experience that will leave your teeth looking and feeling great. When you arrive at our Scottsdale, AZ, dental office, you will be greeted by our friendly office staff. You will be asked to provide any necessary identification and proof of insurance, if applicable.
Once in the dental chair, a dental hygienist will begin your professional cleaning that will involve the following steps:
- X-Rays: if needed and approved by you and your insurance, your dentist may recommend x-rays be taken to provide insights into the underlying health of your teeth, gums, and jaw.
- Plaque removal: a dentist will use a metal tool and mirror to scrape away built-up plaque from the front and back of your teeth on both the front and back teeth in your mouth. Brushing at home twice a day is essential and may seem sufficient. However, removing built-up plaque from your teeth every six months is vital to eliminating bacteria, combating bad breath, and preventing tooth decay and gum disease. While a sharp tool is used, your dental hygienist will work carefully and is training not to damage the soft tissues of your mouth.
- Polishing: Again, while brushing twice a day at home is vitally important, this at-home routine does not replace the value of a professional polishing twice a year. The hygienist will use a specialized polishing tool to gently scrub and polish each of your teeth, front and back.
Flossing: as you would do at home, the dental hygienist will floss your teeth and instruct you with tips on how to improve your at-home flossing routine for optimal oral health.
- Consultation: following your cleaning process, the dental hygienist will take the time to answer your questions about your habits, lifestyle, and at-home oral hygiene routine. He or she can recommend products, routines and offer helpful tips for maintaining your smile’s health and beauty and avoid potential gum disease.
- Examination: After your teeth cleaning and consultation are complete, the dentist will examine your teeth, mouth and review any X-rays that may have been taken to recommend a course of treatment in regards to fillings, bonding, management of your dental devices, etc.
Schedule Your Next Dental Cleaning Today!
If it has been more than six months since your last professional dental cleaning, contact our Scottsdale, AZ office today at (480) 535-5634 to schedule an in-office visit.
Clean, Healthy Teeth and Mouth Just a Phone Call Away
Dr. Rajan Sheth is a leader in the field of restorative and implant dentistry. He has rehabilitated thousands of patients and maintains a simple vision of "Fear Free Dentistry" and "No one should have to suffer wearing a denture or the embarrassment of missing teeth."
He focuses his scope of practice on comprehensive restorative dentistry with a strong focus on IV sedation, extractions, dental implants, dentures, bone reconstruction, implant supported dentures, full mouth dental implants and immediate teeth in a day dental services. Dr. Sheth has been routinely removing wisdom teeth from simple cases, to complex extractions and is highly skilled at full mouth dental implant restoration and surgical implant placement.